Charlotte Water / Construction
Irwin Rehabilitation Improvements
Posting Number 2021-Q1(Jan-Mar)-CW-4890
Anticipated Posting Date 2021-03-31
Commodity Code(s): 91389
Solicitation Link: https://charlottenc.gov/DoingBusiness/Pages/SolicitationDetails.aspx?ID=1645
The Project consists of work in multiple process areas as follows:
- Replacement of the roof and HVAC equipment at the Administration building.
- Modifications to the existing grit removal chamber at the flow equalization facilities to include a 7-foot Parshall flume.
- Spot concrete, sealant, and pavement repairs at the flow equalization facilities.
- Installation of a third mechanical bar screen in the existing Influent Pump Station. The new mechanical screen is pre-purchased by the Owner. The Contractor will administer submittals and handle receipt, installation, startup, testing, and commissioning.
- Installation of a new eductor system on all the Influent pumps to automatically vent the pump casings.
- Modifications to the 18-inch discharge piping of two influent pumps.
- Installation of a new process analyzer (Chemscan) near the Aeration Basins. The analyzer equipment, FRP enclosure, and sample pumps are pre-purchased by the Owner. The Contractor will administer submittals and handle receipt, installation, startup, testing, and commissioning.
- Modifications to the plant’s effluent piping (42 and 30 inches in diameter) including replacement of a flowmeter vault with a new vault. The new meter will be provided by the Owner. This work will require bypass pumping.
- Replacement of the roof and select HVAC equipment at the Old Chlorine Building (Additive Alternate 1).
Through Project Completion
SBE-Small Business Enterprise
MBE-Minority Business Enterprise
Constructions Bonds-For bidding, payment, completion of construction projects
General Liability-For bodily injury or property damage, arising from products, premises, completed work, personal & advertising injury
Workers Compensation-For lost wages and medical expenses of injured workers
Bid Bond-City required Bond to ensure that vendors do not retract bids from the time they submit a bit until the contract has been executed.
Payment Bond-City required Bond to ensure that subcontractors and/or suppliers are paid for any work performed.
Performance Bond-City required Bond to ensure satisfactory completion of a project by the vendor.
91430 Concrete Services; 91438 Electrical; 91450 Heating, Ventilating, and Air Conditioning (HVAC); 91473 Roofing and Siding; 92037 Networking Services (Including Installation, Security, and Maintenance)
Follow This Opportunity!
Get updates on this opportunity by following the hashtag on Twitter or Facebook!Tweets by EarlyBirdCLT