Charlotte Water (CLTWater) is soliciting Statements of Qualifications from qualified companies to provide Collaborative Delivery Support Services for various CLTWater and Storm Water Services projects.
CLTWater and Storm Water Services conduct several collaborative delivery projects each year. The departments are seeking a consultant to provide various services to support internal staff with the implementation of these collaborative delivery projects. Services will be related to helping the departments develop internal processes and procedures, advising staff through Guaranteed Maximum Price negotiations and reviews, and provide training for staff, all in an effort for continuous improvement, standardization, and staff development. Additional services may be required depending on the need that arises or the individual collaborative delivery project.
The purpose of this PSR is to procure a Safety and Security consultant for the Pre-Project Development and Project Development phase of the LYNX Silver Line. This scope of work is currently in the LYNX Silver Line Design RFQ currently being advertised, however it has been determined that it is in CATS interest to directly contract with the safety and security vendor to ensure there are no conflicts of interest and to ensure continuity with CATS Safety and Security program. Therefore it is recommended to remove this scope from the Silver Line Design RFQ and reassign that scope to this contract.
General Scope of Service
1. Prepare a schedule of all Pre-Project Development and Project Development activities for incorporation into the Project Master Schedule
2. Develop the project Safety and Security Certification Plan (SSCP) using CATS Agency Safety Plan and previous SSCP provided by CATS.
3. Develop the project Safety and Security Management Plan (SSMP) using CATS Agency Safety Plan and SSMP from previous projects provided by CATS.
4. Provide Safety and Security Certification training to project staff as requested by CATS.
5. Perform a Preliminary Hazard Analysis (PHA)
6. Perform a Threat and Vulnerability Assessment (TVA)
7. Perform Safety and Security Design Reviews for the 30% and 65% design milestones as well as design development workshops, as requested by CATS.
8. Update the Safety and Security Chapter of the current LYNX Blue Line Design Criteria, for the LYNX Silver Line
9. Provide information as requested by the design team in the development of the Safety and Security Chapter of LYNX Silver Line Draft and Final Environmental Impact Statement
10. Participate in preparation and review of other Design Criteria chapters, as requested by CATS
11. Develop Design Criteria Conformance Checklists (DCCC), Safety Critical Items Lists (SCILs) and Certifiable Items List (CIL)
12. Develop and manage a database to track PHA’s, CIL’s, SCILs and OHAs, as requested by CATS.
13. Attend Safety and Security Certification Review Committee (SSRC), Fire Life Safety and Security Committee (FLSC), Project Management Team (PMT), Project Oversight Consultant (PMOC), Federal Transit Administration (FTA), Peer Review meetings, and other meetings requested by CATS.
14. Attend Value Engineering (VE) meetings and provide the Office of Safety & Security updates on risks associated with VE decisions
15. Review pre-revenue test plans, systems integration testing (SIT) plans , operating and safety rules as requested by CATS.
16. Develop safety and security monthly reports for CATS management to submit to NCODT and FTA.