The City of Charlotte received federal stimulus funding under the American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) State & Local Fiscal Recovery Fund program enacted in 2021. The City has designated up to $3.5 million of ARPA funding to support the local non-profit community. The City is seeking a small number of community partners to serve as Administrators who will serve as the primary representatives for the program and perform all required administrative duties necessary for program implementation, recipient identification, eligibility, and funds distribution related to the program.
The City is seeking consultant knowledgeable and experienced in the use of business information systems and technology best practice methodologies to conduct a needs assessment and prepare a strategic plan to serve as a road map for addressing the short and long-term technology business systems needs of the City. The plan should contain clear goals and action items that will move the City forward and should be structured in a manner that allows for ease and clarity of implementation by staff and other resources. The Company shall conduct a study of current infrastructure and systems, offer recommendations, determine whether a different direction might improve business continuance strategies, and to discover ways to improve efficiencies.
The City of Charlotte (“City”) will be seeking professional consulting services for strategic planning, research, analysis, and development to advance more streamlined and effective local government operations.
The Consultant(s) shall be established, qualified, and experienced consulting firms capable of providing versatile strategic planning resources, support, and consultation in the local government arena.
The Consultant(s) must be capable of performing various tasks, up to and including, but not limited to:
- Providing strategic planning for various City departments, programs, services, initiatives, and activities;
- Providing expert- and research-based advice on strategic development, capacity building, business strategies, and process improvement;
- Conducting operational analyses, assessments, and audits in an effort to ascertain organizational effectiveness and identify opportunities for improvement. Analyses and assessments may involve such areas as operational effectiveness and accountability, organizational structure and performance, resource management and alignment, change management, workforce needs and development, succession planning, and management practices;
- Analyzing, developing, and implementing management strategies, to include but not be limited to, crisis management, protection of the City brand, and reinforcing City relationships;
- Conducting surveys regarding the City’s reputation and perception by residents, employees, customers, local business partners, regional partners, and other stakeholders;
- Conducting market research based on current market trends and best practices among peer cities, at a minimum;
- Facilitating and/or conducting strategic mapping initiatives, to include benchmarking metrics;
- Assisting City staff in testing and implementing strategy map recommendations;
- Facilitating and supporting strategic conversations, meetings, trainings, focus groups, and retreats with internal and external stakeholders; and
- Providing appropriate support as requested for special projects as assigned by the City Manager or designee.
The City is interested in Consultants who have experience in any of the following service areas, at a minimum: diversity and inclusion, economic development, human resources, information technology, public safety, social justice, sustainability and resiliency, and workforce needs and development.
The City of Charlotte is seeking a firm to provide broad community engagement programming and direction to the Vision Zero Task Force and Vision Zero Program. The selected firm is expected to become familiar with the City’s Vision Zero Action Plan and the concepts of Vision Zero to identify ways to leverage messaging across communication modes to reach populations impacted most severely by fatal and serious injury crashes particularly those that are culturally, multilingual, generational and socio-economic diverse.
CANCEL: Charlotte Douglas International Airport is seeking a Company to provide Business Consulting Services. These services should include:
- Researching industry trends related to, but not limited to contracting trends, benchmarking data and identification of new revenue streams
- Provide detailed profit analysis in an effort to maximize revenues and utilization of space
- Providing other services within its field of expertise as requested by the Aviation Director