Select a vendor to help the City of Charlotte modernize and expand its parking and curb lane management systems.530500
The City of Charlotte (“City”) will be seeking professional consulting services for strategic planning, research, analysis, and development to advance more streamlined and effective local government operations.
The Consultant(s) shall be established, qualified, and experienced consulting firms capable of providing versatile strategic planning resources, support, and consultation in the local government arena.
The Consultant(s) must be capable of performing various tasks, up to and including, but not limited to:
- Providing strategic planning for various City departments, programs, services, initiatives, and activities;
- Providing expert- and research-based advice on strategic development, capacity building, business strategies, and process improvement;
- Conducting operational analyses, assessments, and audits in an effort to ascertain organizational effectiveness and identify opportunities for improvement. Analyses and assessments may involve such areas as operational effectiveness and accountability, organizational structure and performance, resource management and alignment, change management, workforce needs and development, succession planning, and management practices;
- Analyzing, developing, and implementing management strategies, to include but not be limited to, crisis management, protection of the City brand, and reinforcing City relationships;
- Conducting surveys regarding the City’s reputation and perception by residents, employees, customers, local business partners, regional partners, and other stakeholders;
- Conducting market research based on current market trends and best practices among peer cities, at a minimum;
- Facilitating and/or conducting strategic mapping initiatives, to include benchmarking metrics;
- Assisting City staff in testing and implementing strategy map recommendations;
- Facilitating and supporting strategic conversations, meetings, trainings, focus groups, and retreats with internal and external stakeholders; and
- Providing appropriate support as requested for special projects as assigned by the City Manager or designee.
The City is interested in Consultants who have experience in any of the following service areas, at a minimum: diversity and inclusion, economic development, human resources, information technology, public safety, social justice, sustainability and resiliency, and workforce needs and development.
In 2019, more than 100 homicides occurred in Charlotte — an 80 percent increase over the previous year and the city’s highest number of homicides since the early 1990s — and hospital emergency departments treated more than 4,000 Mecklenburg County residents for assault-related injuries.
In response to the increase in violence, the City, County and partners have adopted a new public health approach to prevent violent crime.
To help address this problem, the Office of Equity, Mobility and Immigrant Integration seeks one community organization to act as the Lead Agency and implement Cure Violence Global’s violence interruption model in the priority geography of Beatties Ford Rd and Lasalle St.
The city is seeking services to apply a behavioral science approach to the city’s officer recruitment process and residency incentives. The service provider should have experience applying behavioral science in the public safety, specifically the law enforcement sector and demonstrated impact. This work will address Recommendation 6 – Recruitment and Residency, as adopted in the SAFE Charlotte report by Charlotte City Council on October 26, 2020.
The Disparity Study requested by this RFP will be used to aid the City in evaluating and improving its current programs. The results and recommendations will serve as a reference document in the creation of directives, standards and practices. The City wishes to undertake all necessary and affirmative steps to ensure that Historically Underutilized Businesses (“HUB”) are afforded opportunities to participate in City contracts.